Back brace is a strap worn on the lower back by people who experience regular back pains. According to a study, most people experience back pain once in their lives and though it is quite common, it can be very frustrating and irritating. There are different types of back braces available in the market, but look wise, they can all appear to be the same. Most back braces are fitted, wide strapped and big-bandage like devices that are worn on the lower back (though it can extend up to the shoulders) to ease pain and alleviate symptoms shown by the patient.
People who experience regular acute back pains can benefit a lot from wearing back braces as a back brace gives the user’s back adequate support, comfort and also gives rest to strained muscles so as to help in a quicker recovery. However, it must be noted that back braces used for normal back pains and after surgery is quite different and not the same.
Today, the purpose of this article is to enlighten the readers about different back brace for back pain, back braces for pain relief, back brace support for lower back pain and also provide the readers with back brace for lower back pain reviews.
Below are Some Key Benefits of Wearing a Back Brace:
- If used after a serious surgery, a back brace can help stabilize the user’s spine.
- Improves posture if used regularly and prevents hunchbacks.
- A back brace alleviates pain and provides relief from chronic pain.
- Can sometimes be used to treat spine instead of undergoing surgery.
- Helps in transition.
- Reduces pressure on back bone.
- Elongates back bone.
Top 5 Back Braces are Chosen Keeping in Mind the Following Points:
Though it is understandable that no product can ever have all the desired features and key functions, it was tried that each and every back brace listed and recommended on this post qualify the maximum criterion selected by the team and fulfills all the user’s needs and expectations.
- Should have shoulder and back support
A proper back brace should offer optimum support to the user’s back and keep the shoulders upright and prevent them from stooping or getting in a bad posture. Ideally, a brace should be stiff enough to, keep the user’s shoulders in an upright position and flexible enough to support movements and not restrict them.
- Good lower back support
An ideal brace should offer the user’s lower back good support so as to relieve pain and treat muscle strain and injuries. It should be made so as to use while engaging in light activities.
- Made out of sturdy material
A brace should be made up of sturdy and breathable material so as to be worn comfortably under the clothes and it should also fit the natural curves of the user’s body effectively so that the brace does not hinder a user’s day to day activities.
A good quality brace should be durable and made out of long lasting material so as to last for years to come. To get a good quality brace, it is essential to spend a good amount on it as cheap braces are mostly less durable and need more frequent replacements.
A good brace should be effective and be capable of efficiently subsiding pain. Selecting an efficient brace is considered to be the most important part as an ineffective brace defies the purpose of buying one in the first place.
It was tried that each and every back brace listed here should have at least some sort of warranty by the seller to protect the buyer against the risk of scam and guarantee a good quality assured product delivery.
‘Product Review’- Comparison Table
|Product Name||Key Features||Details|
Best Back Brace for Lower Back Pain Reviews in 2020
1. Toros Group Back Brace
This back brace by Toros Group is the most cost effective alternative to surgery and helps prevent stooping and slouching of back bone and alleviates pain if used regularly over a long period of time. This brace can be used by kids and adults alike for the betterment of posture and does not pose any side effect to the user at all. It comes with an adjustable belt at the waist and straps to wear on the shoulders so that different users can modify it adequately as per their needs and requirements. Using it 3-4 hours daily is said to be more than enough by the brand and is optimum to show visible results in the long run.
Key Feature at a Glance
- It is ergonomically designed to help support the user’s back effectively and efficiently. Also, it’s made up of 100% cotton material.
- It helps to fix the spine in a comfortable posture and improves the shape of the user’s back over the period of time.
- It provides quick relief from pain and muscle strains and is ideal for use by adults as well as kids.
- It helps with a plethora of spine conditions such as winged scapula, kypho scoliosis, corrective rehabilitation and kyphosis.
- It has long term health benefits and prevents future injuries to the user.
2. Comfymed Back Brace
This back brace by Comfymed has an innovative design, is washable, is made up of good quality material, has easy to grip handles, stays in its place for as long as the user puts it on, has an uber soft feel to it, comes with a lumber pad which is removable, does not take away the freedom of movement from the user, provides comfort all day long and comes with adjustable straps. Apart from that, this back brace is FDA approved, has 12 months warranty against the manufacturing defects and provides therapeutic warmness to the recipient/user’s back.
Key Feature at a Glance
- It effectively combats the back pain caused due to herniated disc, loose ligaments, muscle spasms, nerve injuries, sciatica, strains and sprains, degenerative disease of the disc, scoliosis and osteoporosis.
- It is made up of premium quality and the brand ensures that this product has the most comfortable back strap available in the market.
- It has easy to grip handles and does not slip off easily while the user uses it.
- It comes with 12 months warranty to ensure the user only the best quality back braces and also the maximum value for the user’s money.
- It is unisex and can be adjusted to size 26” waist till size 50” waist.
3. Neotech Care Back Brace
This back brace by Neotech Care is recommended even by the doctors as an effective remedy to get the patient’s spine in form and good posture. The main USP of this back brace is its wider band so as to provide more support than any other back brace available in the market. Also, it provides natural warmth to the user’s lower and upper back so as to treat muscle spasms in minimal time and prevents future injuries as well. It works miraculously to treat backache that radiates from the middle of user’s body’s core and makes lifting weight and engaging in other physical activities pain and stress-free.
Key Feature at a Glance
- It helps treat and prevent back bone diseases such as sciatica, degenerative disc and slipped disc with ease and comfort and in some cases eliminates the need for surgery.
- Comes in various sizes so that everybody is bound to find their fit with this product.
- The strap of this product is fully adjustable and lets the user modify its length and grip.
- It comes with a full money warranty and if the user does not like the product they can get it refunded for the full amount that they paid.
- It has been very finely stitched so as to make it durable and long lasting.
4. Brace up Back Brace
This back brace by Braceup claims to stabilize the spine of the user and keeps the pain at bay while the user engage in all sorts of light to heavy exercises and other physical activities that require movement of the spine and back. This back brace has a curvy design which helps promote the natural curve of the user’s back instead of forcing it in an upright position. Also, it has mesh panels that allow the user’s skin to breathe easily and prevents sweating and blood clotting.
Key Feature at a Glance
- It permits the user to engage in full range of movements and activities so as to provide them with a comfortable support.
- The back brace has dual adjustment bands that provide a customized fit and helps in compression to relieve pain and symptoms.
- It provides additional lumbar support and keeps the spine in its natural position.
- The mesh panels made in the back brace allows the skin to breathe and prevent over-heating and over-sweating.
- Comes in a wide variety of sizes so that everyone gets their fit in this product.
5. Mueller 255 Back Brace
This back brace is made up of 40% Polyester, 27% Rubber and 33% Nylon which might not be a really great idea for the summer season. Apart from that, it provides the user with stability and flexibility that their back needs and desires. Along with stability, this product has a custom fit and its outer elastic straps let release tension and help the user relax in a comfortable position. Also, it gives the user’s abdomen adequate support and aids digestion as well.
Key Feature at a Glance
- It helps in treating and preventing weakness of the muscles in the back and abdomen.
- It helps to treat lumbar orthosis and provides sagittal control to the spine to correct the posture.
- It reduces the load on the user’s vertebral disc and helps elongate the spine to make the posture more attractive and confident.
- It lets the user engage in physical activities such as lifting and other sports.
- Helps in correcting Osteoarthritis and Arthritis.
Hence; this post talks about what back braces are, what these are used for and the benefits of using one on a regular basis. Also, this post makes the reader aware about various best braces available in the market, their prices and also the detailed review of each and every back brace.